Meridian Therapy is a very low impact stretching technique that works on the bodyís meridian channels by promoting energy (Chi) circulation in the bodyís meridian channels,thus improving growth and functions of all organs and faculties of the whole body. These meridian channels are used in Acupuncture and acupressure treatments however these techniques are very cumbersome. The advantages of the Meridian Stretching are: itís easy to do, can be self-administered, and is direct and effective.
From Wikipedia -The meridian system is a traditional Chinese medicine belief about a path through which the life-energy known as "qi or Chi" flows. Recent studies confirm that the meridians and acupoints have many biophysical properties such as electric, thermal, acoustic, optical, magnetic, isotopic, and myoelectric characteristics, which are different from those of non-acupuncture points. Meridian stretching is suited for everyone from the very young to the very old.
Why do Meridian stretching?
1) Promotes Chi circulation in the meridians.
2) Speed up injury recovery of muscles, ligaments, tendons and bones.
3) Reduces muscle tension and helps the body be more relaxed.
4) Allows better co-ordination by allowing freer and easier body movement.
5) Increase range of motion.
6) Prevent injuries, i.e. muscle strains.
7) Develop body awareness.
8) Promote blood circulation.
When do Meridian stretching?
1) In the morning before the start of the day.
2) At work to release nervous tension.
3) After sitting or standing for a long time.
4) Before a workout.
5) Help with sport related injuries.